Friday, August 14, 2026

Tintin in India: The Mystery of the Blue Diamond

When Le Petit Vingtième ceased publication during World War II, Tintin did not disappear entirely. During this period, two stage plays featuring Tintin were produced with Hergé's involvement, offering audiences a chance to experience his famous characters in an entirely different medium.

Although Hergé did not write the plays himself, he collaborated on the productions while the scripts were primarily written by another author. The result was a pair of entertaining adventures that captured much of the humor, excitement, and spirit of Tintin, even if they are largely forgotten today.

Sadly, no recordings or films of these performances are known to exist. For decades, the plays have remained little more than a footnote in Tintin history, known to only a handful of dedicated researchers and collectors.

After years of searching, however, I was fortunate enough to track down the original scripts. I've translated them into English so that Tintin fans who have never had the opportunity to read them can finally experience these rare pieces of Hergé history.

While they may not be official Tintin albums, these plays offer a fascinating glimpse into an overlooked chapter of the series during one of the most difficult periods of Hergé's career. I hope you enjoy discovering these long-forgotten adventures as much as I enjoyed bringing them to light.

The first one is Tintin in India!

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD TINTIN IN INDIA IN ENGLISH 

No comments:

Post a Comment